Wednesday, July 18, 2007

And now for something completely positive....



Went to Tori's play tonight. Anything goes. Can I just gush for a while about my daughter? She was soooo cute. Well...when I could see her that is. She was only chorus (I know, there are no small parts only small actors) and most of the time I couldn't see her where she was on stage. But when I could see her she looked absolutely radiant!! She looked so comfortable up there and she was having so much fun!! Her and I are going in a week to try out for the summer musicals at the local community theatre. The one's we're trying out for are "Showboat" and "Suessical the musical" I really, really hope she gets a part. I don't even care all that much if I do or not, though it would be great, but I really want her to get a part. This is her second play in High School. It's so cute, they let the kids write their own bio's for the program and both this play and the last one she lists the people she's thankful for. She always puts her family first (this is me beaming with pride) and she'll put some of her friends, but she also always includes Sean as one of the people she's thankful for. Last time she listed him as one of her inspirations. I think I need to take both programs and send them to him. He needs to know how much of an inspiration he has been to her. She is so determined. One of her goals in life is to one day work on a film with him. :-) I think she could do it. Remember at the Oscars when Charlize Theron was thanking her mother for being there for her and believing in her. I had tears in my eyes watching that, because I could totally see Tori up there someday saying something similar. I'm just so proud of her. I hope she can overcome the strikes against her and really make this happen. I wish I knew what to do to help her.

2 comments:

pm0rebum1 said...

You already are helping her, by being a fabulous and loving mother! She is such a great kid, I'm so glad I got to meet the both of you.I think she's gonna be something special!

elerpeessslf said...

she sounds like such a neat teenager....full of love and life and dreams .....and if she is anything like her mom, she is popular and well liked too!next time you see her tell her that i wished i could have met her on my trip, but i enjoyed saying hello to her on the phone. And btw, i think she can do it too! (and yes, i think you should send a copy to sean, if you can figure out a way to get them to him)